Software Engineer (Blockchain)
Protocol Labs - Remote
6 months ago
Protocol Labs believes the internet has become humanity's most important technology. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
We seek an outstanding Software Engineer to join us.
Just like the internet itself, we are a fully distributed team spread across the globe. We don’t let geography or borders define us -- we want to work with talented and intellectually curious people of diverse backgrounds and different perspectives.
As a Software Engineer, Blockchain at Protocol Labs you might...
- Build the next generation of blockchain technology, developing projects like Filecoin
- Participate in the design of performant and resilient applications
- Integrate research results into real programs
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Leadership experience building and maintaining large-scale distributed systems in production
- Significant experience building applications using Go, Rust, or similar languages
- Excellent understanding of blockchain technology
- Deep understanding of network protocols
- Experience working and contributing to Open Source projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading and guiding Open Source projects (preferred)
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Smart Contracts, storage platforms, VMs (preferred)