Senior Product Marketing Manager
Status - Remote
9 months ago
Status is a well-capitalized, young startup with a rapidly growing team and open source community. We're building an interface for the next generation of internet applications powered by blockchain and peer-to-peer technologies. Decentralized applications remove the need for middlemen and centralised servers, and provide a clear path forward towards an internet where users get to own their own data, and economies built on open protocols.
We're a fully remote company made up of 25 people (predominantly engineers) and our team deeply values location independence, being self-directed, flexible work hours, open source software, and the fast-paced nature of a startup working on an emerging technology.
We're looking for someone who is excited by the potential of blockchain technology, and can help to define and craft our core brand messaging to a much broader audience. You will be expected to develop and execute upon our go-to-market strategy. You should be a creative marketing professional skilled in storytelling and preferably a background in direct response.
This role will provide room to grow, and does not come rigidly defined. You'll be expected to play a part in building our marketing team and will be also granted the freedom to design our brand in a way that's not possible within larger firmly established enterprises.
- Craft our core product positioning and messaging, which requires greater consistency and more compelling storytelling.
- Distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and manage outbound product messaging, positioning, and deliverables.
- Develop and execute upon our marketing campaigns using resources you have at your disposal.
- Assist in building a world-class marketing team as we approach a large-scale public launch.
- Work and manage relationships with agencies for execution, including on-boarding and budget management.
- Work directly with a copywriter, design team and BD to co-ordinate product launches and major announcements.
- Understand cryptocurrency communities and the nature of an open source community-driven project in shaping marketing decisions.
- Research and understand market, product, and competitive dynamics and share findings and recommendations with product management to shape product decisions.
- Support brand initiatives for new product or features releases.
- Seven to nine years marketing and branding experience, with at least five years experience in enterprise software product marketing preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - - Must have experience crafting and evangelizing product messages, developing creative product marketing content and comfortable presenting to customers and sales teams alike.
- Experience working with top-tier agencies from first contact to execution.
- Strong project management experience.
- An interest in blockchain technology and open source software.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Experience working with engineering teams and open source software is preferred.
- Experience with direct response and data analysis is preferred.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world, or from our headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
- Work on an indisputably significant technology in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible work hours, providing execution is strong.