Senior Frontend Developer
WeTrust - Mountain View
6 months ago
At WeTrust.io, our mission is to serve the 2 Billion unbanked and use blockchain to solve Big Problems. If what is described in the article about "Big Problems" resonates with you, read on.
We raised funding through a crowdsale from ~2000 supporters in April 2017, and are led by ex-Google, PayPal, McK, StartX founders, from Stanford and UC Berkeley. We are early stage, moving fast, and present an opportunity for you to contribute to the front lines of the rapidly evolving blockchain and learn a ton from the industry experts in this space.
We are looking for Bold, Aggressive, Multi-Dimensional, Smart, Blockchain Nerds who are
- awesome front end devs
- built a dApp and
- read whitepapers all the time.
Are you passionate about leveraging the blockchain to improve financial inclusion? Do you thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere? Do you love taking on challenges at the forefront of technology, solving problems that will make a real impact on people’s lives? Read On.
For the past few years, technologists have enthusiastically discussed the potential of blockchain technology to create a fairer financial system. However, the blockchain is still being used only by “early adopters” who are comfortable with new technologies. Most people are still put off by barriers to blockchain adoption. At the same time, 2 billion people in the world remain unbanked, without access to the savings and loans that power a modern economy. At WeTrust, we are striving to create products that bridge this gap, so that all people, and particularly those without access to banking, can enjoy the benefits of access to financial products.
Working at WeTrust means working alongside innovators and risk takers who are committed to making the world more financially inclusive world. Each day at WeTrust offers exciting opportunities to create fairer, more accessible financial products for people everywhere across the globe. Our culture sets us apart as a community of passionate, daring, and creative people. To join WeTrust is to join a global team united by a shared mission to create a more financially inclusive future powered by blockchain!
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js and Web3.js; our tech stack is React.js, Express.js, MongoDB, GraphQL and Web3.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use, including unit tests and integration tests
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with Web3.js is a plus
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Competitive salary, equity, and cryptocurrency (ETH/ BTC) grants
- Become a pioneer in the rapidly evolving blockchain industry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers