Retention & Engagement Marketing
Abra - Silicon Valley
9 months ago
The Abra smartphone App combines on phone storage of digital cash with person to person cash transfers. Abra uses Bitcoin as the reserve currency. The consumer never has to see Bitcoin nor understand what Bitcoin is, they just see USD, MXP, EUR, etc. Consumers and digital currency exchangers, called Abra Tellers, all use the same Abra app. Senders and recipients of funds can use the Abra App to find Abra Tellers from whom they can exchange paper USD for digital USD - in person.
Think of Abra as Uber for money: We will turn every smartphone in the world into an ATM machine to process digital currency buys and sales for paper cash.
Reporting to the VP of marketing, the person in the Retention & CRM role will define and build Abra’s CRM, push notification, email, text, and automation strategy. You will lead the strategy, planning and execution of all push notification, text, and email communications globally with a strong focus on testing and constant optimization. You will design, test, launch, analyze, and scale new programs while coordinating across all internal teams (marketing, engineering, product).
- Lead, manage, and optimize all communications (push, email, MMS) to support customer acquisition and drive retention goals. This will include management of drip campaigns, product marketing messages, promotions, and other types of communication.
- Define and iterate on relevant segmentation
- Own end-to-end management of all campaigns, including content, production, testing, setup, and deployment.
- Design, execute, and regularly analyze results of all programs, campaigns, and A/B tests. Continually optimize for improvement of existing email programs while testing new ones, with a focus on customer acquisition, retention, and LTV.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and select vendors for push notification, SMS, email, analytics, and other.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate results to key stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Work with Abra's global in-country teams to localize campaigns
- Stay current with email marketing and push notification best practices for content, design and strategy
Desired skills and experience
- 3-10 years of demonstrated success in retention marketing roles.
- At least 1 year with a primary focus on mobile
- Experience with a mobile marketing automation platform such as Appboy or Leanplum
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around email testing metrics.
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation.
- Strategic CRM focus and can suggest creative solutions in line with business objectives
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS in email environments specifically.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- SQL a strong plus
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fast learner and ability to set direction and execute in a quickly evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment. - Previous startup experience a big plus.
- Experience living and/or working outside the US
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
We're open to candidates with varying levels of experience; responsibilities will be adjusted accordingly. If you believe that revolutionizing payments has the potential for meaningful global impact and you're excited by the impact you'll be able to have, then Abra might be the right place for you.