itBit - New York
7 months ago
itBit is a global exchange and custodian offering institutional and retail investors a regulated platform to buy, sell and hold crypto assets. In 2015, itBit obtained a New York State trust company charter and became the first regulated Bitcoin exchange in the U.S. As a regulated financial services company based in New York City, itBit is focused on meeting the sophisticated needs of institutions, active traders and other bitcoin trading professionals.
About the role
itBit is seeking a talented and driven Product Manager. The role will be focused on developing new product features and services for our Bitcoin exchange. You will be a core member of the itBit organization and lead a cross-functional team that includes user experience designers, engineers and automated test engineers. You will work closely with all business stakeholders, the founders and most importantly, our customers.
You will be a key player in strategic planning, responsible for taking projects from requirements definition through execution and completion. The ideal candidate will have deep customer obsession and love solving complex problems. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. You must be self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
What you will do:
- Maintain your product roadmap and backlog of requirements and take projects from requirements definition through execution and delivery
- Use “lean startup” principles and modern best practices to do product discovery, validate assumptions and build, measure, learn
- Conduct user testing sessions with customers to gain insights and validate assumptions
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and turn them into actions
- Be an evangelist for your product internally and externally
- Innovate to drive KPIs
Things we look out for:
- 5+ years of product management / product ownership experience
- A track record that includes shipping “winning” products that delight the user
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Excellent communication skills, must be comfortable presenting in front of team as well as doing demos in public
- A proactive and self-starter with good product instincts and a sense for good user experience
- Experience working on a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and partners in an Agile environment
- Must be flexible and adaptable, “culture over process”
- Experience in financial services or any kind of exchange a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience a plus
- Basic front-end coding skills a plus
- Understanding of capital markets/exchange services a big plus
- Understanding of Bitcoin/blockchain a big plus