Coindesk - New York
6 months ago
CoinDesk is the number one media player in the hypergrowth world of blockchain & digital assets. We help seasoned professionals and those that are brand new stay current on the evolving industry, helping them to make decisions in the day-to-day of their businesses. CoinDesk reaches five million people, generating over 15 million views each month.
As a Product Manager, you will be voice of the customer, clarifying their needs and working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, editorial, engineering and senior management to bring new products to market. You are a broad-minded, creative thinker that possesses empathy for users, product sense, the technical skills to communicate effectively with engineers and a strong bias towards execution.
Top Reasons to Work for CoinDesk:
- We are the #1 media player dedicated to blockchain
- We have seen unprecedented growth, with audience growing 400% year-over-year
- Opportunity to heavily influence the direction of the company
As part of the CoinDesk team, you will:
- Shape the vision, strategy, and execution of our product roadmap. Bring new data driven products to market and support them through their life cycle.
- Detail business and technical requirements, features, functionality. Ownership of the product lifecycle through concept, launch, and support.
- Utilize knowledge of the market, user feedback, product metrics, and competitor products to identify opportunities and develop new products.
- Define key metrics for a product’s success and failure.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Lead research projects and user interviews. Talk to our users, distill their insights, and factor their requirements into the product development process.
- Own the product backlog and prioritize work across sprints. Serve as primary point of contact for all technical questions on business requirements.
Required skills and experience include:
- 4+ years of product management experience with increasing responsibility.
- Strong understanding of the blockchain ecosystem and user empathy for the various stakeholder groups across the investment and enterprise community.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- Sufficient technical depth to discuss the nuances of our products and backend systems with the engineering team. An ideal candidate would be comfortable writing SQL queries and functional specifications
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools (Atlassian)
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering)
- An MBA or other advanced degree (preferred)
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a small company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate this rapidly growing audience. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. We are not siloed, so it’s important that you can communicate across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we’re a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join that.
You will report to the VP, Technology and Product Development, and will work closely with the engineering, editorial, sales, and marketing teams.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with your resume, and a short cover letter about why you want to join CoinDesk. Please put Product Manager in the subject line.