The Picks & Shovels Co. - Remote
8 months ago
If you love to take complex concepts and make them simple, visualizing data, and working on the bleeding edge of technology, this role is for you.
At Picks & Shovels., we're crafting tools for investors and traders of digital currencies and crypto assets. Despite the massive interest and rapid pace of change in the cryptocurrency space, user experience and availability of high quality tools are still extremely lacking areas of focus—we will address that problem.
Our first product, Interchange, will enable cryptocurrency investors to gain meaningful insights into their portfolios and manage their trades through powerful but easy-to-use interfaces.
We are looking for a Product Designer who will join as one of the founding members of the product team helping to bring our vision to life. You will be entrusted and empowered with important decisions that will have a deep impact on the product in these early days.
Picks & Shovels is a distributed team, but we intend that wherever a team member's home base is, that it is between GMT -7 (Pacific Time) to GMT +1 (Central European Time) for greatest overlap potential.
Expected experience and ethos:
- 3-4 years minimum professional experience in product design
- You've got a proficiency in Sketch
- You’re a self-starter, someone for whom motivation comes easily
- You have a strong passion for craftsmanship
- You have confidence in your work, and when you’re unsure about things, aren’t afraid to ask for help
- You’re dedicated to seeing a project through all phases—whether it’s ideation, building the big picture, focusing on the finer points, or meticulously reviewing and testing for maintainability—you’re ready for it all.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills—no matter if you’re an extrovert or introvert, you know how to effectively articulate and argue your viewpoint.