Principal, Product Designer
Ripple - San Francisco
a year ago
Ripple is looking for a Principal, Product Designer, who wants to put the skills you’re most proud of into creating exceptional digital design across all of Ripple’s customer touch points. As the Principal, Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product and web development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation or user experience to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, UX/UI, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for Ripple’s products and digital experiences for web and mobile presence globally.
You are a designer and leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives in an innovative, fast-paced and collaborative environment. You bring a senior level of leadership, not only in your discipline as a digital designer but also through your ability to exert influence across functional partners in the organization. You are passionate. You love people and process. You tell meaningful stories. You get it done. You are excited to create best-in-class digital experiences to enable one frictionless experience to send payments globally. You will be working with leading talent in blockchain enabled payments and crypto-currency space.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Translate business and product requirements into engaging interactive experiences, support creating meaningful user stories that lead to a bigger picture, and execute on them.
- You will lead in the creation of personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, and conducting user research.
- Bring deep UX/UI experience to raise the bar and elevate the product and web design of world-class user experience solutions.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Marketing, Engineers, and other designers
- Design new patterns and standards that get adopted by others
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support design decisions
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and championing user-centric design and design thinking
WHAT YOU MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Proven track record creating designs with clarity and consistency
- Experience designing and thinking in design systems, not just single-purpose experiences.
- Deep understanding of responsive and adaptive design
- Success working with executive leadership and engineering to define product scope and roadmap
- Power to influence peers/managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish as well as multi-task and prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence. Energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle inspiring people who work with you to up their game.
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself. Must have a portfolio featuring examples of work, your design process, and outcomes/results.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree) or 7-10 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ relevant work experience in UX, visual design, web design, interaction design and prototyping
Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent self-management skills
- Experience in the enterprise software space a plus
- Experience with motion design and animation a plus
- Experience working in agency environment a plus
- Previous experience at a startup or in-house creative team, a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and equity
95% paid medical, dental & vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact