Junior Blockchain Engineer
Gatecoin - Hong Kong
8 months ago
Gatecoin is a fast-growing fintech startup focused on the rapidly evolving blockchain ecosystem in the heart of the dynamic Asia Pacific region. We are looking for a blockchain engineer to join our expanding smart contracts and blockchain applications development and consulting team.
We are eager to hire a talented individual with a track record working on open-source blockchain platforms, such as bitcoin or ethereum, contributing to decentralized applications’ smart contracts code and enthusiastic about cryptography and tokenized ecosystems.
You will be able to be on top of the latest developments in the blockchain space and attend internal training sessions to learn more about the technology behind these trends. We also strongly encourage you to spend up to 10% of your time at work continuing to contribute to open source blockchain projects.
- Work with a team of blockchain engineers to design, build and implement customized smart contracts and other blockchain applications for corporates and financial institutions in Asia.
- Assist with consulting of senior technology leaders at financial institutions in Asia on the use cases and limitations of blockchain applications based on specific requests.
- Support collaboration efforts with blockchain startups and major tech firms in Asia Pacific.
- Research and proposals for new token listings and ICOs for Gatecoin’s blockchain assets exchange and provide recommendations for executive team.
- A degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or (2 years+) equivalent experience and a proven track record.
- 2+ years development experience .NET (C#)
- 1-2 years worth of contributions to open-source blockchain platform such as bitcoin (C++, Java) or Ethereum (C++, Go, Python, Java, Haskell)
- Experience with smart contracts development using Solidity
- Experience with SQL databases and familiarity working object-relational mapping tools
- Good command in written and spoken English
- Confident working in an international team
- Passion for bitcoin, ethereum, smart contracts, dapps and eager to learn about the latest blockchain technology trends
- High level interest or knowledge of cryptography and encryption
- Great if you have experience with MySQL and EntityFramework