Protocol Labs - Remote
7 months ago
Hiring an adept systems and security enthusiast to run decentralized web infrastructure and harden it against attack. Apply devops patterns for small teams and huge open-source communities alike.
Tend to the systems that are spawning the new, decentralized world wide web.
As a System Operations Engineer at Protocol Labs you will plan, design, and implement infrastructure that must operate with high quality and consistency. This job will will put you at the forefront of industry-wide experimentation around deployment of decentralized infrastructure. As a Research, Development and Deployment lab for network protocols, we like to use and improve decentralized infrastructure whenever possible. Part of your job will be to design and deploy the decentralized alternatives to established tools, to document your work, and to share that work with the open source world.
You will be a full member of the development teams you work with, participating in the entire development lifecycle and carrying out infrastructure operations in collaboration with the other engineers on your team. Part of your job will be to reinforce and refine these devops patterns on your teams.
Ideal candidate is attentive to details and loves making stable, reliable systems that can scale gracefully.
- Deploy and maintain software infrastructure like the IPFS gateway nodes at ipfs.io
- Secure and audit operating software infrastructure
- Commit code to improve connectivity on the IPFS network: ie. bootstrap nodes, transports, general work on libp2p
- Maintain public dashboards of the IPFS network, showing status, traffic, usage, etc.
- Apply best practices, write documentation & case studies
- Make our software really nice to operate, i.e. be the voice of operations users who will be deploying our software all over the planet
- Collaborate with developers to set up new infrastructure
- Automate away tedious manual tasks