Head of Business Development
Status - Remote
8 months ago
Status is a well-capitalized, young startup with a rapidly growing team and open source community. We're building an interface for the next generation of internet applications powered by blockchain and peer-to-peer technologies. Decentralized applications remove the need for middlemen and centralised servers, and provide a clear path forward towards an internet where users get to own their own data, and economies built on open protocols.
We're a fully remote company made up of 25 people (predominantly engineers) and our team deeply values location independence, being self-directed, flexible work hours, open source software, and the fast-paced nature of a startup working on an emerging technology.
We're looking for someone who is excited by new technologies, and can help to form strong institutional partnerships to bring Status into the hands of a general audience. We'd like to see the ability to pay for utilities, public transport, and local services from within Status, and you will be expected to lead our business development efforts to help make that happen.
Our ideal candidate would possess 3 - 5 years of experience of enterprise sales that enables them to drive engagement and interaction at the CxO/VP level, coupled with a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects.
- Drive our business development strategy.
- Manage industry relationships with other decentralized apps interested in integrating with Status.
- Attend and present at conferences and trade-shows.
- Superb written and verbal English and communication skills.
- 5-10 years minimum work experience, with 3-5 years in sales or business development.
- Experience marketing emerging technologies, and a strong interest in blockchains.
- A successful track record selling new business and products in emerging technology markets, particularly to an executive level.
- Ability to travel 25-50+% required depending on your location.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world, or from our headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
- Work on an indisputably significant technology in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible work hours, providing execution is strong.