Full Stack Engineer
Numerai - San Francisco
a year ago
numer.ai is a real-time web app for Numerai’s weekly tournament to solve the stock market. Our users are thousands of anonymous data scientists around the world who compete to make the best predictions to control our hedge fund’s investments. We’re looking for a full stack engineer to develop our web application and work together with our elite team of mathematicians and machine learning experts.
- Work with our designer to implement beautiful web design
- Manage financial, machine learning, and user data across several databases
- Secure the web app. Our tournament participants are rewarded in cryptocurrencies. It’s important to think about security.
Desired Technical Qualities
- Node.js, Elixir, Elm, or PureScript experience is advantageous, but we’re interested in people who learn languages eagerly
- Excited about good engineering practices: unit tests, documentation, beautiful code, GitHub
- Keen interest in cryptocurrencies
- Interest in machine learning is advantageous
Desired Personal Qualities
- Seeks truth above what is easy or makes you look good
- Whole-body preservation cryonics through Alcor. Numerai cares about its employees beyond their legal deaths.