Full Stack Engineer (Junior or Senior)
BlockFi - New York
5 months ago
BlockFi a fast-growing startup at the intersection of the blockchain/cryptocurrency and lending industries. We aim to define the market for US-dollar denominated banking products backed by digital assets, and bring more of what’s worked in traditional finance into the crypto economy.
We are looking for talented software engineers who are excited about joining a on the ground floor in entry- or mid- level roles. Ideal candidates will have strong computer science fundamentals and be ready to learn more in order to build a scalable, reliable, and secure product that delivers real value to borrowers, savers, and investors.
- Develop web-based and mobile applications used to ease the application process for borrowers, to aid our internal team in underwriting loans, and to manage the customer lifecycle from origination to servicing
- Participate in architectural decisions concerning the software and how it will be moved from design process to incremental releases
- Develop applications that prioritize and contribute to a culture of quality, security, and compliance
- Assist the rest of the team to resolve issues and assist in automating performance, regression, and unit testing of the software
- BS or BE degree in Computer Science or other engineering program
- Familiarity with object-oriented, relational database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Familiarity or prior work with blockchain technology or cryptocurrency a plus, but not an absolute necessity
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to customers and investors
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Oral and written communications skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
We’re currently building on a Microsoft-heavy stack (.NET Core, SQL Server, Azure Hosting, Vue.js front-end). Prior experience not required, but willingness to learn and experiment is.
What we can offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including equity
- Opportunities to rise up through an organization as it first forms and to grow with the company
- Flexibility from a company with a progressive outlook that understands hard work and life balance are not mutually exclusive
- Mentorship from a founding team that has built several successful lending businesses in the past