Full Stack Engineer
Elliptic - London
5 months ago
Elliptic is the world's leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity on the Bitcoin blockchain, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.
What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate software professional to drive design and implementation of cutting-edge blockchain intelligence tools. Full stack engineers are an essential part of Elliptic’s product team. The role is truly cross functional, with lots of diverse projects to work on and a great opportunity to display your abilities and build on them. We leverage open source technologies, like React, D3, Node.js, but have also built our own high-performance, in-memory data pipeline and analytics engine. This is a full-time role in our London office
What you'll do:
- Design, build, test, and deploy maintainable systems - everything from user-friendly UIs and robust APIs through to efficient data processing code
- Write first-class production code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Solve complex problems with elegant, imaginative solutions
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to ensure alignment
- Carry out code reviews and document best practices
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
- Be willing to mentor other engineers when necessary
- Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment
We’re looking for smart coders and innovators who work hard and have fun during the process!
In addition to a passion for solving difficult problems, an ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- 3+ years industry experience with modern web development and frameworks
Familiarity with testing frameworks (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, Karma etc.)
- Comfort with asynchronous programming, be it callbacks, promises, streams...
- Good practical knowledge of data modelling, RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred), and NoSQL solutions
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them appropriately (avoiding one-size-fits all solutions)
- Familiarity with git source control
- Strong CS fundamentals and programming skills.
- Rigor in engineering best-practices (documentation, code reviews, automated testing, CI etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding requirements beyond the written word
- Strong communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with data visualisation libraries (D3, Viz.js etc.)
- Experience with devops tools and deployment to cloud service providers
- Proficiency with Linux and bash scripting
- Familiarity with Java, Scala, or Python
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Knowledge of and liking for a functional programming approach
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny new laptop
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!