Digital Asset - New York/Zürich
7 months ago
Digital Asset is among the fastest growing, most recognized fintech start-ups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
A growth company and industry leader, Digital Asset brings an unyielding approach to advancing client interests. Simply stated, our vision is for a better global financial system, enabled by distributed ledger technology.
- Our culture is "all-in" and rewards directness, integrity and excellence.
- We value each other, what we do for our clients and how we do it.
- Our mission is delivering breakthrough distributed ledger solutions.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning.If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate and are driven by the opportunity to have impact, the following opportunity may be right for you.
Reporting to the local Head of Engineering and to our Platform (or DAML) Lead, the Cryptography Engineer selects, defines, develops and delivers cryptographic solutions within our globally distributed Engineering team, collaborating on cryptography across the whole development process, from Product to Operations.
Primary focus on Financial Services Post Trade but other functional domains are being investigated.
Success in the Role
- Roll up your sleeves, put on your thinking cap, and deliver a unique Distributed Ledger platform with world class cryptographic properties.
- Help develop secure multi-party computation (e.g. using zero-knowledge proofs)
- Be hands-on, analyse, develop, guide, review cryptographical work, with the teams.
- Maintain, groom and communicate our cryptographical roadmap.
- Help maintain, groom and communicate the cryptographic aspects of our security roadmap.
- Help maintain the products' threat model, security properties, and trust model, alongside your peers on the security team.
- Help validate the security properties and trust model of the released products, alongside your peers on the security team.
- Help drive and manage vulnerability processes and third party cryptography audits
- Develop and collaborates around security concerns.
- Apply functional programming, and formal specifications and verification.
- Help review the platform and its integrations security
- Help capture client cryptographical requirements
Coach and educate engineers on cryptography
What We Are Using
- Java and Scala for backend development, Haskell and Isabelle/HOL for DSL tools and formal methods.
- Agile/Scrum and modern software engineering practices (SBE / TDD / CI / CD etc)
- Cloud services, containers for rapid deployment
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Hands on experience in applied cryptography, cryptographic protocols, and security models
- Servant-leader mentality, you drive our cryptography by design, code, theory, and collaboration
- Experienced professional, you help define and drive the cryptography vision, as well as help build and validate sound cryptographic foundations
- You apply cryptography engineering practises to deliver production quality software to be used by the largest financial institutions in the world
- Strong coder. Regardless of which language you use or how you learned it, we’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code
- You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done
- Analytical, structured, tactical, you are an engineer that thinks before acting
- Direct and transparent verbal and written communications, including research and technical writing skills, with the willingness to work with distributed teams and different cultures
- Confident & "all in"
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a powerful team of financial services and technology innovators from cross sector startups and enterprise.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.