Coindesk - New York
a year ago
CoinDesk is looking for an energetic individual who has the ability to lead the content programming and execution for our live event series and webinars. The company’s signature event, Consensus - draws approximately 3,000 attendees from a worldwide audience with attendees ranging from senior executives to hands-on users. The conference facilitates technical and business sessions presented in 4 tracks and hosts 90+ sponsors throughout the 3-day conference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP Events, the Content Strategist will have the following roles and responsibilities and may delegate portions of his/her responsibly consistent with sound operations and staff competency, but will be accountable for the results in the following areas:
Conference Content Planning
- Lead a strategic year-round multi-year approach to CoinDesk’s education offerings. This includes, but are not limited to Consensus: Code, Consensus: NYC, Consensus: Asset, Consensus: ICOs, and webinars.
- Create a preliminary agenda layout
- Capture suggested topics from a wide customer base
Solicitation, capture, and alignment of presenters for the various topics
- Aligning the conference education goals with CoinDesk editorial team
- Organize industry keynote speakers
- Identify and implement speaker training opportunities to enhance content delivery
Conference Content Program
Work cooperatively with the VP of Events and Director of Marketing to publish the conference program schedule to the mobile app, event website, and onsite guide, while aligning the sessions to adequately sized rooms.
- Provide emcee with content during the event
- Manage data from event to better understand attendee participation
- Provide survey questions for attendees to evaluate each session
- Capture speaker content for use in content marketing throughout the year.
- Post Conference Wrap-up
- Work cooperatively with the VP of Events to ensure presentation content is accessible online for all attendees
- Provide information and recommendations relating to the content and delivery that was associated with the conference
- Ensure that challenges and successes are documented and lessons learned are incorporated into the subsequent event
Lead speaker meetings on a regular basis by preparing agendas, noting and following-up on actions and ensuring the necessary materials are available.
Content Manager Profile
Ideal candidates for this position will drive change into the current agenda and format for all events and webinars. The individual will consistently provide an outstanding and engaging agenda that will drive customers to attend the event annually.
The Content Manager is committed to CoinDesk’s mission and vision and should have proven experience & results. Concrete, demonstrable capabilities, and other qualification requirements include:
- Three plus years of experience in event education.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, journalism, business or related field
- A change agent, suggesting ideas and driving new ideas into reality
- Embrace a diversity of users and seeking a diversity of speakers at the conference
- Enjoys learning and exploring new techniques for delivering of content
- Strong ability to understand and manipulate data of complex systems.
- Strong ability to communicate and express ideas verbally and written
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work with and lead teams
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits, flexible vacation policy, annual performance pay dependent on individual and company performance, and long-term performance incentives. You can expect to take advantage of all the free caffeine and snacks you can handle. This is a full-time staff role with benefits in the New York office.
If qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume