Gitcoin - Remote
8 months ago
Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but the developers themselves aren’t properly incentivized or compensated. Gitcoin is an incentivization power-tool for open source software repositories. Gitcoin pushes open source forward by enabling software developers to fund open source software with ether and Ethereum-based tokens. Gitcoin is the first blockchain-enabled funding tool built by and for software developers.
Gitcoin is seeking an experienced Community Manager to create an active and engaged community of technologists, entrepreneurs, and product enthusiasts, while positioning Gitcoin as a leader in Open Source Software incentivization.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly develop a strong understanding of Open Source Software, blockchain technology, the Ethereum platform and ConsenSys’s value proposition. The Community Manager must have excellent understanding of Open Source Software, blockchain early adopters, and B2B and B2C applications of blockchain. This will help you build the community and business development efforts across several categories of Open Source Software and blockchain.
The Community Manager will be responsible for:
- Recruiting developers to join the community, and perform tasks.
- Managing Gitcoin's slack, reddit, twitter, facebook communities.
- Marketing opportunities in Open Source Software.
- Working with the founders and other team members on identifying new pilot program opportunities.
- Helping pilot programs to be successful.
This may include, but is not limited to activities such as:
- Planning and managing events, conferences and hackathons
- Conducting educational webinars, giving interviews to the media, or speaking at conferences and events
- Establishing and growing engagement levels through social media or marketing
- Identifying business development opportunities
- Identifying content marketing campaigns (on-site, social, and guest posting), press and communications opportunities for your marketing, PR and communications colleagues
- The right person for this role will feel comfortable learning new technologies quickly, frequently testing and iterating on their ideas, and scaling things that work to maximize results.
A successful community manager must be scrappy, self-reliant, and has a knack for understanding what motivates and grows open source communities.
- Manage community budget
- Participate in weekly Global Community team meeting
- Raise brand awareness by driving community engagement via outreach and education on Open Source, Blockchain, ethereum, Spoke Capabilities, regionally focused academy training
- Develop strategy for booths at events and conferences
- Partner with Marketing/PR/Communications to manage/coordinate events
- Create a set of KPIs and dashboards for tracking performance and expansion of the community.
- Identify and coordinate programming and events (such as Meetups and hackathons) best aimed at growing our community and increasing the visibility of our developer tools, products and services
- Identify and execute creative campaigns to increase the visibility of blockchain, Ethereum, and Open Source Software in the developer community, and create a top of funnel process
- Create a funnel of candidates for recruiting teams via community development efforts and events
- 3-5 years of experience in a product management, marketing, or business development/strategy role.
Technical Bonus Skills:
- Experience working with Blockchain technology, decentralized systems
- Experience working on Open Source Software
- Skilled at Google Analytics, Social Media tools, Google docs and drives, Slack, Quip and Zoom
- Must have excellent listening, verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively to a diversity of constituents with varying degrees of understanding of ConsenSys, blockchain and Ethereum
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with clients at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assessing individual’s responsibilities and decision-making ownership within an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams to make things happen
- Demonstrated success in taking a service oriented approach and high level of ownership
- Excellent social and networking skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business needs
- Ability to promote the merits of our products internally and externally.
- Ability to travel 10-25+% may be required
- Experience creating content that drives engagement and lead generation
- Interested in blockchain technology
- Experience with analytics tools and platforms for measuring success
- Experience planning and hosting in-person events and meetups to hit strategic goals
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- High degree of end-user empathy and ability to envision and understand how they will interact with a blockchain product or service and what will and won’t appeal to them
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude