Paxos - New York
4 months ago
Paxos is a financial technology company delivering revolutionary blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is Bankchain, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Bankchain delivers instantaneous settlement and greater automation, offering market participants reduced counterparty risk, lower capital requirements and increased operational efficiencies. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Services Board Robert Herz and former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced blockchain engineer to help us build Bankchain, the distributed systems that will underlie the next generation of global financial markets. You’ll work with a development team to help define and implement the applications used by both our customers and our operations staff, and be front-and-center designing and developing these tools from the ground up. This position will require you to design the document structure for our applications to meet with business requirements.
What you’ll do
- Design and build back-end functionality on Blockchain
- Partner with our team to define architecture and best practices
- Write high-caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering problem solving
- Work cross functionally to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
- Be part of a fast- paced, agile environment
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of Bitcoin, including familiarity with Bitcoin transaction scripting and knowledge of how Bitcoin and various other CryptoCurrencies differ.
- Previous work with P2P Networking and distributed systems.
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc).
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures.
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, golang, Rust, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, or Clojure.
- Active demonstrable interest in Bitcoin, distributed systems, DHTs or cryptography.
Bonus points if you have
- Previous work contributing to an open source Bitcoin/Altcoin project.
- Strong experience with Python implementing and delivering production solutions.
- Experience contributing meaningfully to one or more Open Source projects.