User Research Lead
Coinbase - San Francisco
3 months ago
The mission of Coinbase is to create an open financial system for the world. There are a number of big challenges to get there. Two of them are trust and ease of use for this powerful new technology. Both of these are design problems. Key to Coinbase’s strategy is helping digital currency “cross the chasm” using excellent product design.
Most products in fin-tech look very similar because they are all built on the same legacy payment rails underneath (credit cards, ACH, etc). However, digital currency turns this idea on its head, providing a blank canvas to design a new payment system from the ground up. Future digital currency applications may change the definition of what a payment even is. We’re looking for a User Research Lead to help us bring digital currency to the masses.
- Conduct a variety of user research methods for all of our products, determine and implement the best methods for each product
- Run user research studies in office (or external locations) using 1-1 interview format or small groups.
- Create interview guides, working with the product team/leads
- Moderate/record the sessions
- Source a wide variety of candidates with unique perspectives
- Provide recommendations on product changes, to make them easier to use and understand
- Help define who our users are
- Set up broad surveys and get quantitative results/data
- 5+ years of research experience, including field work and lab work
- Knowledge on variety of research methods, from 1:1 interviews, focus groups, intercepts, quantitative -surveys, concept testing, and more
- Self-starter with ability to manage projects involving cross-functional teams
What to Send
- Past presentations of research studies