Blockstream - Victoria
2 months ago
Pioneering advancements in cryptography and blockchain technology, Blockstream is the first company extending the capabilities of Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new privacy features, asset types, and financial markets. Blockstream is building an open platform for blockchain applications and a family of hardened cryptofinance appliances. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX designer to join the Blockstream team - someone who is passionate about designing clean, intuitive user interfaces and has experience with web and mobile platforms. At Blockstream you will work on designs across our products, brand elements, and websites.
This role is multifaceted, requiring collaboration with our product, marketing, and engineering teams. As a UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating experiences that push the boundaries of a rapidly growing industry. You will work on high-profile projects that make a direct impact on our customers and our brand.
You will enjoy a fast-paced creative atmosphere of a well-funded FinTech Series A startup, excellent benefits and flexible working schedule.
This position is located on Victoria, BC, and relocation assistance is provided.
- Rapidly prototype experimental features supported by appealing and user-centered design concepts
- Design well thought-out solutions for usability challenges across different web platforms
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and marketing teams on concepts and designs
- Assist product and marketing teams to conduct user research, define problems and goals, map user flows, and lead a process to define the experience and design
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Help define and shape our design culture and process
- Utilize visual design skills to produce mock-ups that promote engagement with our product
- Test features for usability and make adjustments where necessary
- 2+ years of experience working on complex data visualization applications
- Portfolio with a variety of projects that demonstrate you are design savvy
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Experience conducting design research
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain design choices
- Excitement around the blockchain / bitcoin industry
- Formal education in Graphic Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Ability to produce working or semi-functional prototypes using code
- Have contributed or led creating a UI style guide or pattern library