Technical Support Manager
Input Output HK - Remote
a month ago
Input Output HK Limited (‘IOHK’) is an engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. IOHK is a decentralised company that fosters small, innovative and agile teams executing on ideas which have the potential to cause cascading disruption.
How We Work
- Remote Teamwork: Our firm has employees worldwide and collaboration is crucial.
- Communication with the Research Community: We keep in touch with researchers who are working to improve blockchain technology and we incorporate their work into the products that we build.
- Consistent Building and Testing: IOHK implements creative solutions with constant testing.
As Technical Support Manager you will lead the 24/7 Technical Service Desk that provides the customer interface and technical support services for the full portfolio of products and services. The operation is run based on the ITIL framework, with a key focus on Incident, FAQ Service, Change & Problem management.
In this role you will work closely with the technical DevOps Team and Development teams across the various projects. Your priorities in this role will include operations and people management background with an ability to influence across a dynamic set of internal / external stakeholders and partner teams, while keeping the customer at the core of everything.You will be required to work closely with the release and development operations team to ensure that bug fixes and improvements are factored into the release cycle and work closely with the community manager on community updates.
Key to this is the Severity 1 Incident Management process ensuring that the process is tightly managed , the team have clear action plans and required resources to rapidly drive to successful completion and that senior stakeholders are updated on the status on a regular basis.
- Build trusted relationship with our customers, by driving continuous service improvement and handling escalations with a focus on ownership, empathy and urgency. You will have a continuous improvement focus for services, processes & procedures.
- Manage the day to day operations of the support team – workforce planning, customer delivery, performance quality, and communications.
- Develop, analyze and report Monthly KPIs. Develop action plans to continue to exceed minimum KPIs.
- You will take ownership of incidents, communications and partner engagement – including vendor engagement, and senior executive communications for complex & critical incidents.
- Lead the problem management processes , identifying correlation between multiple incidents issues and working with the development teams on prioritisation and resolution.
- Ensure the team provide excellent Customer Experience, communications, engagement & management.
- Provide reports to senior management on status of service desk, Incident management, Severity 1 incident reports and problem management.
- You have demonstrable experience working with global open-source customers in complex environments using ITIL Framework.
- You have the ability to engage & lead a complex set of priorities and partner requirements, with excellent prioritisation and relationship building skills.
- You have excellent communications skills – written & verbal with experience in engaging with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Detailed understanding of End user use of Blockchain and Crypto Currencies.
- ITIL - Certification and implementation experience.
- Understanding/ Experience of Japanese commercial culture is important. Native Japanese Speaker in not critical but would be a significant advantage.
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.