Technical Product Manager
Blockstream - Victoria
6 months ago
In this role, you will be assisting the product team with the discovery process to understand customer needs, integration opportunities, partner requirements, and technical dependencies.This role requires excellent technical writing skills and a highly focused approach to mitigating product development risk by ensuring that no rocks go unturned in product definition, requirement tracking, etc. This role would report to the Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with our internal product and engineering teams, while being engaged with clients and their technical teams when defining product requirements.
You will translate insights into detailed product requirements, mockup and diagram flows and processes, identify ambiguities, define clear acceptance criteria, work with the product team to prioritize tradeoffs, manage the backlog, and drive development teams to deliver quality products. Additionally, you may work with key customers or partners to help understand their use cases, document them and translate those into product requirement documents, UML diagrams and technical specifications.
- Being a power user and expert on the products you are responsible for.
- Creating and maintaining an internal documentation wiki and product library.
- Creating detailed requirements including user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Communicating priorities based on well-defined and measured business cases.
- Conducting market and competitive analysis to support product development efforts, as well as ongoing competitive and market research.
- Identifying functional gaps and determining how to build, solution architect or partner to fill those gaps.
- Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline, or 2+ years of CS-related software programming and technological development.
- An understanding of Bitcoin, blockchain, and associated technologies is ideal.
- Deep understanding of contemporary fintech technologies and their applicability to solve real world business problems.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results across cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and proven ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting with all levels of an organization.
- Not afraid of the details – need to be highly focused mitigating product development risk by ensuring that no rocks go unturned.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence.