Technical Operations Engineer
Ripple - San Francisco
22 days ago
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
The Technical Operations Engineer will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's development and production infrastructure, working with our Operations Team to facilitate our DevOps process, including deployment, monitoring, instrumentation and overall infrastructure management.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop tools for automation, monitoring, and metric collection
- Manage our deployment and continuous integration architecture
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready.
- Help facilitate the operation of multiple data centers and the rapid scaling of the Ripple network
- Research promising new tools and technologies, push the team to experiment and evolve.
- Participate in a robust and fair on-call framework
What you might look like:
- Extensive Linux/*nix systems experience
- Solid development background with Python, JS, or Go
- Configuration management and orchestration experience (Chef, Salt, Terraform)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS
- Security awareness and an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Recognition of the importance of automation on scalability and reliability
- 5+ years experience working in Technical Operations / DevOps / System Administration
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team
- Startup experience a big plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches, breakfasts and optional gourmet dinners
- Weekly yoga at work
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact