Ripple - Mumbai
3 months ago
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
What you'll do
The solution architect captures business requirements and defines scope, creates designs and specifications, and determines the business effort in terms of duration and cost. Present to groups in a concise, yet thorough manner.
Requirements Qualification: The solution architect tries to understand the needs of the client, including where and how technology can assist them in meeting their objectives. In addition, the solution architect determines the feasibility of requests based on cost, timeframe and functionality constraints.
- Identify Scope of Effort: Any business consulting, systems integration and development efforts are determined and quantified. Based on timelines and budget requirements, the solution architect works with the client to define boundaries around the solution design in terms of scope and defining assumptions.
- Solution Development: Once requirements are determined, the solution architect then works closely with the client, as well as internal and external teams to construct solution designs, cost estimates and implementation plans spanning all systems involved.
- Solution Validation: A solution and timeline is developed and then reviewed and refined with the client and internal/external teams.
- Contract and Turnover: The solution timelines and costs are finalized and signed-off on. The solution architect constructs statements of work. In addition, the solution architect provides an overview to each team responsible for building out a component of the system. - Finally, implementation is turned over to the team. Implementation Control and Monitoring: As teams develop a complex solution, questions will arise. The solution architect fields such queries, acting as the single point of contact for the new system, for both the client and internal teams. This practice also applies to future designs, enhancements and strategic direction. In addition, the solution architect reviews any functional documents produced to ensure the individual components are built to maintain the integrity of the overall solution.
- 30% - 50% travel required
What we're looking for:
- At least 5 years of functional and technical knowledge of payments and funds settlement systems. Wire transfers capabilities (domestic and international)
- Solution architects apply both banking knowledge and technical savvy in order to meet unusual client requirements. The characteristics that best describe these valuable individuals are: Out-of-the-box thinkers. “Extreme” client advocates, “Doers” – not just abstract thinkers
- Experience leading and architecting enterprise-level payment solutions consistent with product vision i.e. SOA, Application integration, API design and management.
- Interest in, and experience of, championing and driving the development of product software features and extensions by working in conjunction with both internal and partner engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Comfortable presenting and holding functional and technical discussions at multiple levels. Presentations to high level executives or groups of technical teams
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, industry data standards e.g. in Banking (ACH, SWIFT, SEPA, etc) is a plus
What we offer
- Product & team training at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Competitive salary and local compliance contributions
- Annual leave and conditions in line with local practice
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact