itBit - New York
12 days ago
itBit is a global exchange and custodian offering institutional and retail investors a regulated platform to buy, sell and hold crypto assets. In 2015, itBit obtained a New York State trust company charter and became the first regulated Bitcoin exchange in the U.S. As a regulated financial services company based in New York City, itBit is focused on meeting the sophisticated needs of institutions, active traders and other bitcoin trading professionals.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us build and enhance our cryptocurrency exchange platform. You’ll work closely with our tech team and product owner to meet new product development objectives. You will review, analyze, and modify the product, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
What you'll do:
- Design and build a cryptocurrency exchange platform
- Work as a part of a team to define architecture and best practices
- Write high-caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for engineering and problem solving
- Work cross functionally to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
- Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience building backend applications using one or more of the following languages: C# (preferred) or Java. C++ is a plus
- 2+ years of experience building frontend applications--asynchronous and event driven programming
- Passion and ability for learning and using cutting edge technologies across the entire stack
- Knowledge of patterns for distributed system design along with their tradeoffs
- Experience writing multithreaded code
- Experience with inter-process communication . A Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- A proven track record of combining a solid long-term architectural strategy with short-term progress.
- Experience building trading systems or familiarity with industry protocols (FIX, ITCH/OUCH).
- Experience with performance testing and optimization of query performance in a modern RDBMS.
- Meaningful contributions to one or more open source projects.
- Interest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Experience in startups is a plus.