Social Media Manager
Consensys - Brooklyn
a month ago
Come join our growing team managing the marketing efforts of a company that is defining a cutting-edge technology space.
ConsenSys is a venture production studio building and supporting applications on the Ethereum blockchain. Our company consists of a “hub” that coordinates, incubates, accelerates and spawns “spoke” ventures through development, resource sharing, acquisitions, investments and the formation of joint ventures. These spokes benefit from foundational components built by ConsenSys that enable new services and business models to be built on the Ethereum blockchain. The social media manager will be joining the marketing circle within the ConsenSys hub.
ConsenSys is a decentralized organization. You will not have a boss, a work schedule, or vacation limits. What you will have is responsibility to your collaborators to do your best, keep up with your responsibilities, and support your team's priorities. At ConsenSys we are all working toward the goal of expanding and supporting the Ethereum space.
We're looking for a social media rockstar to develop and execute strategy across social platforms to engage our different audiences.
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves to learn
- Is obsessed with social media and loves finding new tactics and ways to engage their audience.
- Likes talking, learning and working with others to tell their stories and learn from them.
- Has a sense of humor!
- Has an eye for design and can take visually appealing photos
- Is willing and able to travel & attend events (in exchange for flexible work hours)
- Is a self-starter
- Is a strong writer
- Has a solid understanding of grammar (no need to be a prescriptivist, but you should know the rules)
- Is interested in blockchain technology
- Manage day-to-day posting on ConsenSys owned social media properties.
- Develop and execute social media strategy across social channels.
- Create a set of KPIs and dashboards for tracking performance and growth of all social media channels.
- At times, manage posting for ConsenSys spoke companies or client companies (e.g. leading up to token launches)
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Collaborate with designers, videographers, animators, and other content creators to create & repurpose content for social media.
- Generate, publish and share engaging content produced for and at ConsenSys hosted and sponsored events.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Identify organic campaigns that may benefit from marketing spend
- Develop creative strategy for social media marketing campaigns
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Develop education around social media topics for spokes and other members of ConsenSys
- Create processes and documentation so that social media team can be scaled when necessary
Technical Bonus Skills:
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and influencers in the space
- Experience with Buffer, Google Analytics, Slack, Excel, Quip and Zoom
- Graphic design (Photoshop, etc.)