Senior Product Manager
Paxos - New York
5 months ago
Paxos is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is BankchainTM, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Robert Herz, former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi and former NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer.
Paxos is seeking a talented and driven Senior Product Manager for its distributed ledger platform, Bankchain. The role will be focused on post-trade processing of securities on a blockchain. You will be a core member of the Paxos organization and lead a cross-functional team that includes user experience designers, engineers and automated test engineers. You will work closely with all business stakeholders, the founders and most importantly, the customers.
You will be a key player in strategic planning, responsible for taking projects from requirements definition through execution and completion. The ideal candidate will have deep customer obsession and love solving complex problems. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. You must be self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
What you'll do
- Maintain your product roadmap and backlog of requirements and take projects from requirements definition through execution and delivery
- Use “lean startup” principles and modern best practices to do product discovery, validate assumptions and build, measure, learn
- Conduct user testing sessions with customers to gain insights and validate assumptions
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and turn them into actions
- Be an evangelist for your product internally and externally
- Innovate to drive KPIs
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of product management / product ownership experience
- A track record that includes shipping “winning” products that delight the user
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Excellent communication skills, must be comfortable presenting in front of team as well as doing demos in public
- A proactive and self-starter with good product instincts and a sense for good user experience Experience working on a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and partners in an Agile environment
- Must be flexible and adaptable, “culture over process”
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience a plus
- Basic front-end coding skills a plus
- Understanding of securities clearing and settlement
- Understanding of Bitcoin/blockchain
- Experience in financial services or any kind of exchange
- A really fun and collaborative personality