Blockchain - New York
6 months ago
For the first time in modern history, the 13 trillion dollar financial services industry is being modernized. Blockchain is at the forefront of this revolution. Our software is helping millions across the globe - from single individuals to the largest institutions - access a financial system that is open, accessible and radically more efficient.
We are a high-performance team that values integrity and hard work. We’re looking for someone with the security mindset and the hands-on skills needed to protect fellow employees and customer funds from black hats.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our growing team.
What you'll do
- Oversee the millions of eyes on our open source code through bug bounty programs and outside consulting.
- Conduct internal penetration testing and direct remediation efforts across all Blockchain products.
- Prioritize and address identified issues to coordinate efforts with our product development and engineering teams.
- Proactively develop security guidance for future projects and technologies.
- Execute operational and organizational security not limited to configuring computers and conducting security trainings for new employees.
- Deliver secure development training for the web, Android, and iOS platforms
- Advocate security across the whole business.
What you'll need
- Practical knowledge of the latest web application security issues and security trends.
- Experience with secure code review of web applications.
- Diverse range of security experience at an enterprise level in IT.
- Knowledge of common web vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10, for example), how to test for them, and how to remediate them.
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc.).
- Experience with Bitcoin (bonus).
- Background in applied cryptography (bonus).
Compensation and Perks
- Security work is focused on the cutting edge of web/mobile apps and financial technology.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of SoHo, NYC.
- Unlimited vacation policy. You work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, Stackoverflow, or Phrack article you’ve written.
- Most importantly, a GIF you really like.