BitPesa - London
2 months ago
BitPesa is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of nearly 40 spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclay’s, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
Our London office is looking for a talented Account Manager to manage some of our company’s most important corporate clients based in the UK and continental Europe. BitPesa is a fast-paced growth-stage startup where you will be able to immediately contribute to our 25% MOM growth. Our London office is based in the heart of Brick Lane.
- Manage relationships with corporate clients in the UK/Continental Europe
- Ensure efficient & compliant customer on boarding
- Maintain steady transactional volume for existing clients
- Manage any issues reported by customers in Account Portfolio
- Grow existing client portfolio to higher levels of volume and margin
- Customer On-Boarding
- Ensure new customers are in accordance with BitPesa compliance policy
- Communicate Compliance Team feedback back to customer
- Collect from customer any additional documents requested by Compliance team
- Assist team in identifying suspicious activities flagged by external KYC resources
- Trade Execution
- Process trades efficiently and flawlessly
- Issue Resolution
- Work with our Payments Team, Support & Communication Team, and Tech Team to resolve any transaction issues Customer Growth
- Analyze customer’s transaction history and promote ways to increase customer’s transaction volume and revenue (e.g. offer payments in other countries)
- University Degree
- At least 3 years experience in financial services sales, customer service, or account management, ideally for a money transfer or B2B payments company
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, relationship management skills
- Willingness to be based in London (must have work authorization)
- Not required but ideal: experience living or working in sub-Saharan Africa