Product Manager (Sticker Market)
Status - Remote
3 months ago
Status is building powerful decentralized apps on Ethereum that change the way we do things on the web. Our rapidly growing team is made up of self-motivated individuals who prosper in a fast-paced environment and value the ability to work from anywhere.
As a product, Status is an open source discovery tool for the Ethereum blockchain that makes it easy for anyone to access apps and services built on the decentralized web. Status also allows users to browse, chat, make payments and more.
Although still in its infancy, blockchain technology is developing rapidly and is poised to have a profound impact on our social, financial and legal systems. By joining us, you’ll help to craft the way people interact with these technologies
As our Product Manager you will be responsible for the overall strategy of the Status Sticker Market.
You will lead the ideation and launch of innovative features of the Sticker Market through hands-on collaboration in cross-functional teams that include developers, designers, user researchers, analysts, experts, and marketers.
You will include developing and creating project plans, resource plans, risk identification, risk mitigation, timelines; and partnering with business and technology partners to increase productivity and opportunities for our work to benefit the adoption of blockchain technology.
- Overall owner (champion and advocate) of the Sticker Market, collaborating with engineering and design teams on product delivery and realization.
- Solid product development skills: Prototype and test new features / products that capitalize on market opportunities as well as define go-to-market strategy for minimum viable products in partnership with marketing and business development
- Manage and maintain excellent working relationships with development teams. Focus on collaboration, brainstorming and communication in a humble posture of learning
- Effectively communicate and manage from concept to execution. Generated detailed user flows, confirm full understanding of requirements, agree deliverables and critical milestones and dependencies.
- Collaborate with Marketing and BD to identify user profiles, help develop product strategy and go-to market.
- Develop a rolling 12 month roadmap with a prioritized backlog of critical user journeys.
- 3 - 8 years Product Management experience, ideally consumer-facing, with partner elements. Development across both mobile and web.
- Experience coaching, motivating, and giving feedback to a large team of distributed developers
- Comfortable communicating with a diverse, mostly remote team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement
Working at Status
We're a remote team of made up of 40 people scattered around the globe. Everyone at Status works from a location of their choosing - and we all meet up twice a year to strategize and strengthen our relationships.
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the team's priorities.