Kraken - Europe/San Francisco/Remote
4 months ago
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
Kraken is expanding its product team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in the hottest global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to win. This role will be responsible for a critical aspect of the business and will play a significant role expanding Kraken’s business, while working alongside the brightest minds in the crypto industry. This position will be a cornerstone of the product team working with internal and external engineers and technologists, designers, business leadership, partners and customers. We are building a product team of highly motivated self-starters who possess sound business acumen, make data-driven decisions, and clearly communicate their vision and plans to others. We are seeking people who are professional but know how to have fun too!
Note: This position can be located in the EU (prefer Germany, Switzerland or the UK) or within the United States (prefer San Francisco).
- Execute a robust and comprehensive crypto/fiat gateway strategy
- Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy, product roadmap and business plan
- Perform market research to gain market insights across the industry.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements are understood and implemented as requested
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to expand the gateways
- Influence product and technology strategy and direction (roadmap), and product and user experience decision-making
- Manage engagement with internal and external third parties (token dev teams, payment system providers, etc) related to gateways
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Actively prioritize product backlog, pre-planning and user story mapping sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressive experience in product management
- Minimum 3 years experience in crypto, payments or forex/brokerage industries
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver customer and vendor-facing products
- Responsible for value proposition definition and communications, product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis and executive presentations
- Creative spark – in product innovation, product management and finding ways to get things done
- Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency and ability to motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables