Blockstack - Remote
2 months ago
Blockstack is building a new decentralized internet where users control their data and apps run without remote servers. Developers build apps on our full stack platform and users download our browser portal to access the decentralized internet and get started.
On the traditional internet, we’re highly dependent on third parties, our data is vulnerable, and power and profits consolidate within the hands of a few. With the decentralized internet on Blockstack, data and power is in the hand of the end users and everyday developers.
Blockstack is a global, open source community with over 7,133 developers. It was co-founded by Ryan Shea and Muneeb Ali in 2013 at Princeton and the core team is based in New York City and Hong Kong.
We recently raised a Series A and are grateful to have the confidence of investors like Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, Shana Fisher, and Naval Ravikant.
More about us
- We’re passionate about making the internet freer and safer for everyone and you should be, too.
- We’re both an open source project and a startup, so transparency is important to us.
- We’re located in a beautiful office in the lovely NoHo district of Manhattan, surrounded by some of the best cafes and restaurants in New York.
- Own the product experience of the first decentralized browser and make it accessible for all internet users
- Design and implement the best user experience for developers to successfully build unique applications
- Effectively project manage to increase open-source community engagement
- Deliver on rapid implementation schedules (without compromising on smart development goals and principles)
Things you'll work on
- Improve the experience for and increasing the usability of the Blockstack browser
- Reduce the on-boarding time for browser users
- Increase the average number of applications that each person uses
- Provide direction to improve the quality of apps on Blockstack
- Improve the authentication process between apps and users
- Improve the interfaces of our API's and developer libraries
- Determine what features we should include in our developer API's and libraries
- Drive the process of developing tutorials and documentation for developers
- Review existing open issues on the browser, JS library and API
You have successfully built products with an excellent user experience, and are interested in shaping the future of the internet.
- Conversion rate from download to active user
- Number of hours spent per user across all apps
- Pull requests submitted to main open source projects per month
- 5+ years of functional work experience
- Track record of owning a polished client-facing technical product
- Design simply and effectively
- Experience guiding product roadmap -Excel at project management, organization and communication
Qualities & Traits
- Desire to build a new decentralized internet with Blockstack
- Independent innovator and team player
- Solution provider
- Translate business needs and problems to actionable items
- Technical engineering background
- Open-source experience
Please respond with (1) a link to your GitHub profile and examples of past work and (2) how you can help build the new decentralized internet.
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. Even a simple pull request goes a long way in signaling interest in the project.