Kraken - San Francisco
19 days ago
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
Kraken is expanding its product design team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in a hot and emerging global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to succeed. We’re searching for a rockstar UI/UX designer who will own the improvement of the user experience of our most important customer-facing product, Cryptowatch, and take it to the next level. This position will be a key member of the product design team collaborating closely with the very best engineers, designers, business leadership, partners and customers in the industry. We are building a product design team of experienced, creative, highly motivated self-starters with attention to detail and an eye for beautiful, clean user interfaces. You must follow the principles of User-Centered Design to always put the customer experience first and support your design decisions with current best practices and data from usability tests or analytics. We are seeking team members who are professional but know how to have fun. This position will be out of our San Francisco office. Amazing perks, beautiful office, stock incentives, flexible hours and open PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.
- Collaborating with design leadership, product managers, and engineers to execute project from conception to implementation and continue to refine
- Apply business objectives into concepts and create flow diagrams, wireframes and mockups of intuitive user experiences
- Ability to identify UX/UI problems and devise elegant research-based solutions to solve them
- Create prototypes of UI design mockups and conduct usability tests to discover and correct flaws in the user flow
- Masterfully transform raw data into visually stunning and intuitive charts and layouts
- Be proficient throughout the entire design process from formulating high-level strategy to executing pixel-perfect mockups
- Constantly improve and refine the interface with valuable findings gathered from the open feedback loop of internal team members and customers
- 3-5 years of web application design experience and proven track record
- Strong portfolio of latest work you will present to the hiring team
- Strong understanding of User-Centered Design and UX principles
- Expert experience creating flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes ,mockups, etc.
- Expert-level experience using tools such as Sketch, Photoshop,, Illustrator, InVision, Zeplin, UXPin, Moqups, Balsamiq, etc.
- Ability to adhere to a design process with many layers of feedback
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and applying it towards improving designs
- Desire to make the best trading platform in the world
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Start-up experience is a plus