Product Design Lead
Coinbase - San Francisco
3 months ago
The mission of Coinbase is to create an open financial system for the world. There are a number of big challenges to get there. Two of them are trust and ease of use for this powerful new technology. Both of these are design problems. Key to Coinbase’s strategy is helping digital currency “cross the chasm” using excellent product design.
Most products in fin-tech look very similar because they are all built on the same legacy payment rails underneath (credit cards, ACH, etc). However, digital currency turns this idea on its head, providing a blank canvas to design a new payment system from the ground up. Future digital currency applications may change the definition of what a payment even is. We’re looking for a Product Design Lead to help us bring digital currency to the masses.
- Work with other team leads on product design strategy and vision
- Mentor and lead a team of designers on core products
- Contribute broadly to design culture at Coinbase and in the crypto industry overall
- Take high level product ideas from conception to mockups and finished renderings, working with the engineering team and product managers
- Provide product vision and leadership in making cryptocurrency easy to understand and easy to use
- Implement user flows, interactions, and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and consistent across web and mobile platforms
- Ability to take complex systems and distill them in a simple and clear way
- Prior management experience a plus, but not required
No prior experience in cryptocurrency needed at all, but be actively curious about it
What to send
- A resume and portfolio