Product Design Lead
Axiom Zen - Vancouver
22 days ago
Axiom Zen, creator of CryptoKitties, is a venture studio. We turn ideas into companies. Sometimes we work independently, other times we partner with Fortune 500 leaders or domain-expert investors. Our speciality is testing the potential of emerging technology to catalyze high-growth businesses. Today that means we're working on AI, AR, and Blockchain.
As a company that believes design-thinking builds the world’s best businesses, we want to take the next step in putting that principle into practice and we're currently recruiting for a Lead Product Design position in Vancouver, BC.
The Product Design Role:
Several titles could apply to this role—Design Manager, Creative Director, Product Designer—but regardless of what you call yourself, it’s up to you to champion design culture across Axiom Zen and our portfolio of products.
- Our products have been awarded Best App of the Year by Apple, voted "Best New App" in 88 countries, and recognized as top products in their category by Product Hunt and Google—we want you to help design our next big award winner.
- When you’re not putting in hands-on time designing products and excelling in your field, you’ll help provide direction to a team of up to 10 designers
- We believe in championing the principles of good design; you'll be leading our internship program and helping new designers shape their future careers.
- You'll get exposure to designing a wide variety of products from different industries, including SaaS, Blockchain, VR, AR, AI, and more—expect your design portfolio to blossom, your project management skills to sharpen, and your knowledge of emerging technology to be cutting edge.
- You and your team will work on projects that vary from two weeks to six months. Things can change and scale quickly; you need to be able to effectively manage and alleviate uncertainty or ambiguity.
Our Ideal Candidate
Culture fit is incredibly important to us and we’re willing to shape the role to fit the perfect candidate. That said, there are a few qualities or experiences a candidate must possess.
- We're looking for someone who's been an integral part of leading the design process and development of a digital product.
- Formal experience as a Product Designer – and working within or leading a team – is important.
- Familiarity with the startup community or how a startup operates is beneficial.
How to apply
Please include your resume, any relevant social media links, and links to your key portfolio pieces that will give us insight into your design decisions. If your portfolio is out-of-date, under an NDA, or doesn’t communicate your process beyond the final product, that’s okay—but please attempt to bridge our understanding however you can.
A cover letter isn't necessary but please include a short answer to the following:
- “What has been the most exciting design project you've worked on and how did you contribute?”