Blockchain - London/New York
5 months ago
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
What you'll do
- Design groundbreaking financial software products with an eye toward compliance.
- Advise our team, from engineers to executives, on the legal implications of money services and help inform high-level company strategy.
- Advise on current and upcoming relevant regulations in the U.S. and around the world.
- Communicate legal concepts in an effective way while using your stellar problem-solving skills to provide actionable insight.
What you will need
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Deep experience in money services laws, including payments and stored value.
- Deep experience in consumer protection laws, including CFPB regulations.
- Some experience in securities and derivatives laws, including regulated entity (broker-dealer, ATS, SEF, DCM etc.) determinations.
- Previous experience advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development, preferably within a fintech / financial services environment.
- US qualified lawyer with 5+ years PQE* (flexible for exceptional candidates) - preferably from a top US law firm, or in-house within a startup environment.
- Sound understanding of current law and any legislative changes that are likely to impact our industry.
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
Compensation & Perks
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Catered lunches on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Great office locations in London (Shoreditch) or NYC (Soho).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Apple Equipment.