Principal, Sr. Product Designer
Ripple - San Francisco
5 months ago
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
Ripple is looking for a Principal, Product Designer, who wants to put the skills you’re most proud of into creating exceptional digital design across all of Ripple’s customer touch points. As the Principal, Sr. Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product and web development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation or user experience to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, UX/UI, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for Ripple’s products and digital experiences for the web and mobile presence globally. You will be working with leading talent in blockchain enabled payments and crypto-currency space.
What you'll do
- Translate requirements into engaging interactive experiences that create meaningful product design.
- You will lead in the creation of personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, and conducting user research.
- Bring deep UX/UI experience to raise the bar and elevate the product and web design at Ripple.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing and Design teams
- Design new patterns and standards that get adopted by others
- Leverage customer empathy, research, and design principles to support design decisions
- Establish a strong design culture by championing user-centric design and design thinking
What we're looking for
- Design leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative culture.
- You are passionate. You love people and process. You tell meaningful stories. You get it done.
- Proven track record creating exceptional experiences and design that raise the bar.
- Experience designing and thinking in design systems translating complexity to simplicity.
- Deep understanding of responsive and adaptive design
- Power to influence others to build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish, as well as multitask and prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence. -
- Energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle inspiring people who work with you to up their game.
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself. Must have a portfolio featuring examples of work, your design process, and outcomes/results.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree) or 7-10 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ relevant work experience in UX, visual design, web design, interaction design and prototyping
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent self-management skills
- Experience in the enterprise software space a plus
- Experience with motion design and animation a plus
- Experience working in agency environment a plus
- Previous experience at a startup or in-house creative team, a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- 95% paid medical, dental & vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact