itBit - New York
4 months ago
Since launching in 2013, itBit has strived to push the boundaries of sophistication in bitcoin trading. In May 2015, we obtained a trust company charter and opened the first regulated bitcoin exchange in the U.S. Our regulatory status gives us the ability to work with leading financial institutions throughout the US and across the globe. Today, we stand alone as the only company in the space that offers bitcoin traders access to both a global exchange and OTC trading desk.
The itBit team has a unique blend of skills that combine digital asset and Wall Street expertise with FinTech innovation. We are committed to delivering personalized customer support, best-in-class security and a premium trading experience.
itBit has offices in two key global financial markets, New York and Singapore.
We're looking to add an Operations Associate as a full-time employee. In this role, you will ensure daily, weekly and monthly accounts reconciliation, help build and enhance our current business processes and ensure round-the-clock operational effectiveness. This role offers the opportunity to gain meaningful experience in the innovative Bitcoin industry.
What you'll do
- Provide support with daily deposits and withdrawals for both fiat and virtual currencies
- Review client transaction activities and highlight abnormal or fraudulent activities
- Perform and develop daily reconciliations
- Ensure the accurate and timely escalation and resolution of all inquiries
- Address ad hoc queries from all departments, including marketing, business development, technology and compliance
- Manage process improvement by casting a critical eye over everything we do and suggesting and implementing improvements to operational processes
What we're looking for
- BA/BS degree
- Smart, articulate and self-motivated team member with a can-do attitude who is comfortable getting their hands dirty and taking on a variety of tasks
- Proficiency with Excel; experience with VBA/macros a plus
- 1-3 years work experience in a middle or back-office operations role with a financial institution a plus
- An understanding of bitcoin and virtual currencies (not required, but a plus)