Consensys - Brooklyn/Remote
a month ago
ConsenSys is the world’s largest blockchain venture production studio focused on developing cutting-edge application across all major industry sectors, investing in disruptive startups, and consulting global organizations / governments on decentralized technologies powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. ConsenSys is building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more.
ConsenSys Academy is the newly launched blockchain education and training arm of ConsenSys, the first of its kind in the blockchain industry. Academy is focused on developing the global Ethereum talent base, both technical and non-technical by creating “packaged” content for both online and in person delivery, some of which will provide “certification levels” for business users, technology developers, legal/compliance/regulatory personnel, and professors/teachers who complete certain courses. We are looking for an experienced Multimedia Designer (contractor position) to build digital assets for use in our educational content, modules, courses, and collateral.
The contract Multimedia Designer will be responsible for designing/developing multimedia content for a variety of content areas that promote user engagement and reflect best practices in instructional design and content development. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and aesthetically appealing manner. The contract Multimedia Designer will develop, design, produce and deliver of an array of timely, innovative, and content-rich, graphic products that enable clear impactful, and enduring messaging. Graphics may include: publication and book design; digital and hardcopy materials, including slides and web/online graphics; corporate identity (e.g., logos, signage, letterheads, publications format, templates, and standards); iconography (logos, trademarks, symbols); original artist concepts; and animations and other dynamic content. Graphic delivery platforms may be in digital or print, such as interactive website/online and mobile device delivery platforms or a combination of delivery output modalities and platforms.
Multimedia Designer shall:
- Work with the Academy team to define project requirements, identify expectations, and develop production timelines.
- With minimal guidance, plan and coordinate graphic formats and products within project guidelines.
- Work closely with the Academy team to craft educational content, including scripting of videos and lesson content when needed.
- With minimal guidance, design and produce finished graphics, audio, animations, and video for Academy projects.
- Produce video content, including operation of camera equipment to capture events and workshops,
compilation and editing of video footage, and, when appropriate, design and implementation of
animation and other dynamic video features.
- Assess the educational content and advise the Academy team on the best format and related production processes to achieve optimum message impact.
- Develop and present preliminary design concepts to the Academy team for review and incorporate feedback.
- Develop original, innovative graphic concepts, formats, templates, and standards for product design
within a project team environment using appropriate basic design principles, theories, practices, and
software applications; and applying the principles of aesthetics and composition (i.e., hierarchy,
emphasis, balance, flow, unity, etc.), typography, and color theory design content.
- Design graphic formats such as technical drawings and illustrations.
- Depending on project requirements, apply web design principles, theory, practices, and software applications to develop concepts and final artwork for interactive Web site design requirements.
- Adhere to established technical production and quality control standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate format, content, and delivery requirements with multiple disciplines.
- Brief the Academy team on the status of projects, as needed or requested.
- With minimal guidance, ensure quality control and graphic usability, deliver, and archive final products
- Test products, including Web/online for display and operability.
- Facilitate quality control procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, visual communication, new media design, interactive multimedia
design, interactive web design, or a closely related arts/media field; OR 5 years relevant work
- High level of experience animating and editing with After-Effects and Premier Pro, Adobe Creative Suite
Asset design/creation using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Slide design and animation experience using Keynote and/or PowerPoint