Lead/Senior Product Designer
Consensys - Brooklyn/Remote
6 months ago
ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
The excitement surrounding the possibilities of blockchain technology are at an all time high—and rightly so. Designers at ConsenSys must balance passion for the technology while knowing when and how to focus the conversation on our users. ConsenSys designers enjoy an open and inclusive culture, competitive benefits, and the freedom to explore and experiment. We are always iterating and improving our work, the culture, and ourselves.
We are currently seeking a Lead Product Designer with a passion for accounting and finance in the Ethereum ecosystem. You have an interest and/or SaaS based experience in fintech, decentralized exchanges, and crowdfunding—you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these areas. As a Product Design Lead at ConsenSys, you will take products from ideation and rough prototypes to high fidelity designs, relentlessly validating and pushing for accessible, delightful design solutions.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch: partner with small, global teams of engineers, product managers, and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps
- Develop storyboards, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Actively give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Mentor junior designers or interns, growing and iterating on our design culture by participating in design-team-wide initiatives such as recruiting, developing design principles, and improving design tools and process
- Evangelize design and product thinking methodology
- Fearlessly take on highly complex problem areas and then publish what you learn
- Grow a design team as products mature
What we ask for:
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a product designer on agile teams
- You have solved complex problems with elegant, shipped product—evidenced in an online portfolio featuring end-to-end product design
- You demonstrate product vision and use data and experimentation to provide product direction.
- While you may not have a branding or marketing background, you understand customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design
- You’re excellent at articulating design decisions, presenting to clients or stakeholders
- You’re effective at prototyping at varying levels of fidelity
- You demonstrate solid leadership skills and an ability to develop strong partnerships with product managers and engineers
Even better if:
- You’re interested in or have experience with decentralized applications and blockchain
- You’re interested in or have experience designing for fintech and accounting
- You have experience at both large organizations and start-ups
- You are able to facilitate design thinking workshops
- You enjoy some amount of ambiguity and freedom to experiment
- You’ve built or worked with design systems
- You have front-end development experience