Junior Software Engineer
Storj - Atlanta
5 months ago
Storj Labs Inc. is an early-stage startup. We’re building a p2p protocol, a cloud storage service, and a suite of applications that aim to fundamentally change the way people and devices own data. We’re on a mission to rethink cloud storage, to provide the security, privacy, and transparency it’s missing.
Working at Storj Labs, Inc. is an exciting experience, you’ll be part of a dedicated team working towards improving the accessibility, reliability, convenience, privacy and security of data storage. You'll be working on bleeding edge, free software technologies in cryptocurrency and deployment infrastructure. As a startup you'll have great impact as part of our small team, and may be expected to step into new roles and grow as needed. All applicants should have a passion for decentralized and distributed systems, a strong practical understanding of cryptography, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a dedicated work ethic.
We’re looking for full-time junior engineers for our core technology and flagship applications in Atlanta, Georgia. You should be passionate, dedicated, and live to create, like we do. You will take own responsibilities that will allow you to grow and deepen your knowledge about blockchain, encryption, and cryptography.
Who you are
- Love to learn
- Able to learn quickly and know how to ask questions when you have a blocker
- A technically-oriented thinker who enjoys digging under the hood and working with a variety of technologies and people
- Able to collaborate with different teams in the organization
- Able to be cross functional and flexible as needed by the company
Skills & Requirements
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for decentralization, open source software, and the blockchain
- Some experience with Node.js
- Strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Strong ability in creating unit tests with maximum coverage for testing code
- A practical understanding of public-key cryptography and secure design
- Familiar with Github, design patterns, etc...
- Be able to talk about a passion project you've enjoyed building
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency on the protocol level
- Deep knowledge of C/C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Experience building high-featured RESTful web services
- Experience with React, or similar front-end frameworks