IT Support Specialist
Kraken - San Francisco
19 days ago
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
We are seeking a new team member that will enthusiastically own the complicated relationship that our global employees have with the devices and/or technology they interact with on a daily basis (in order to do their jobs and get work done). You are going to be the go-to person for “all things IT or technical” (e.g., troubleshooting a broken scanner that has repeatedly stumped the office manager, explaining the detailed steps required to encrypt email and the importance of encrypting communications to a less tech-savvy team member, helping someone to get their computer to “stop doing that weird thing” after they’ve already tried the obvious helpful, or not helpful, solutions, like restarting and slapping the monitor, etc.)
You understand that when computers, phones, and applications don’t work the way they’re supposed to, productivity is killed and people get frustrated. You see yourself as the answer to their problems, and you strive for optimized productivity! You possess the knowledge and experience required to help all team members use any common workplace device, tool, service, or application. You derive intrinsic pleasure in helping others and are dedicated to being on-call, around-the-clock for urgent matters. You balance the need for security or IT best practices with the need for ease-of-use in your sleep! These two considerations aren’t mutually exclusive. You know how to strike the ideal balance! You love people, and you’re an expert at helping them to work more efficiently, effectively, securely and happily.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Desktop, laptop, server, tablet configuration (e.g., repairing, training, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Deep expertise with Mac OS and iOS required
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) (preferred)
- Network assessment, design, and implementation
- Applications including but not limited to MSFT Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Apple iWork (Keynote, Pages, Numbers), and G Suite by Google (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Firewall, VPN and wireless access
- Internet, phone and video conferencing connectivity, including cloud based IP systems
- Experienced with GPG/PGP
- Backup, online storage and disaster recovery
- Network documentation (hardware & software audits)
- CCTV and IP video camera systems
- Unlimited endpoint protection Windows, Linux and Mac
- Security services suite (e.g., antivirus, content filtering and device control)
- Remote connectivity
- Mobile device support for iPhone and Android (e.g., set up, backing up, upgrading, securing, etc.)
- Apps used for work (e.g., configuration, updates, troubleshooting, etc.)
Single-handedly drive programs to teach people how to use their work tools in a secure and productive way.
We want you to maintain work-life balance, However, this is not a role that someone can clock-out of at 6PM everyday. We have a large, geographically dispersed team consisting of people possessing a broad understanding of and comfort with technology. You are someone who doesn’t mind keeping their phone on outside of normal business hours, in the event of a key team member experiencing an emergency or urgent situation.