Dev Ops Engineer
SALT - Denver
a month ago
Join the SALTiest team around in our heroic effort to reinvent finance for the blockchain era. In the heart of the Mile High City, you will work alongside a small team of talented and very passionate individuals to help construct a bleeding-edge, mission-critical, revolutionary technology that will be used by crypto holders all over the world.
The SALT Lending platform is a unique integration of legacy programming languages and platforms with new ones that barely have a tutorial written. As such, on the one hand, we are looking for a seasoned professional who can deliver clean and efficient code according to established standards. On the other hand, we are looking for a pioneer – someone who enjoys living at the frontier and is not afraid to challenge existing practices and techniques.
SALT is looking to immediately hire a Development Operations Engineer. We need this outstanding individual to join our team to help build, manage, and maintain our clients and products as we expand within this exciting industry. Candidate must be familiar with AWS, Continuous Integration, Deployment Strategies, and Security.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Linux, preferably AWS’s AMI (or CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.), in a high-volume production environment Strong knowledge of AWS core technology offerings (EC2, VPCs, ELBs, IAM, etc)
- Proficiency with at least one SCM platform such as Chef or Ansible
- Proficiency in deploying and managing Continuous - Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Strong understanding of database structure and indexing for databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Proficiency with Git and implementing the GitHub Flow
- Experience using JIRA for Agile process-driven development
- Strong passion and designer to solve problems, acquire new skills, and work with cutting-edge technology
- Understanding of security practices and a willingness to implement processes
- Maintain maximum reliability and uptime of business-critical services
- Provision new systems, maintain existing systems, and migrate legacy systems to new infrastructure
- Ensure consistency and uniformity of security and operational standards and processes across business units
- Develop, implement, and maintain technologies to provide insight into business and infrastructure performance
- Triage and resolve ad hoc issues and requirements as they arise
- Work within and contribute to the agile workflow lifecycle Bonus
- Passion and understanding for blockchain technology, Bitcoin, Ethereum, cryptocurrency, and the exciting possibilities that come along with it
- Familiarity with FinTech markets and terminology, such as commodities, order books, and exchanges
- Experience writing unit/functional/integration tests Self-motivated with strong team and interpersonal skills to work with developers and product managers
- If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you! -
- Please send your resume our way with links to examples of code on GitHub. Full Time. Must be from the Greater Denver Area or willing to relocate. Please note this on your application or cover letter if applying from out of state.