Elliptic - London
4 months ago
Elliptic is the world's leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity on the Bitcoin blockchain, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.
What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate data scientist who will have a key role in developing our cutting-edge blockchain analysis platforms. We leverage open source technologies but have also built our own high-performance, in-memory data pipeline and analytics engine. This is a full-time role in our London office.
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineers to turn pertinent analyses into production-ready algorithms for client facing products
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to enhance and develop our data science toolkit
- Conduct independent research to uncover signs of illicit financial activity in cryptocurrencies and deanonymise bad actors
- Run experiments to evaluate new features and heuristics
- 1+ years' relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of data science tools and frameworks: python, pandas, scikit-learn.
- Experience in database technologies, and management of data and data pipelines.
- A strong, quantitative degree (computer science, maths, physics,...)
- Passion for exploration, experimentation and building with large data sets
- Strong coding skills in at least one language
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Scala or Java
- Knowledge of Spark and SparkML
- Knowledge of data analysis relevant to the blockchain - think network/graph theory
- Previous working experience in startups
- Experience relating to AML, fraud detection or forensics
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- An interest in Bitcoin
- A quantitative PhD (computer science, maths, physics,...)
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Shiny new laptop
- Coffee and beer!