The Picks & Shovels Co. - Remote
5 months ago
The Picks & Shovels Co. is crafting tools for investors and traders of digital currencies and crypto assets.
Interchange will be the first product released by PSCo.
Interchange is building a suite of tools and services to pare down the complexity of investing in and managing digital currencies and crypto assets. Despite the massive interest and rapid pace of change in the cryptocurrency space, user experience is still an extremely lacking area of focus—we will address that problem.
Our tools will enable cryptocurrency investors to gain insights into their portfolios, manage their trades programmatically through easy-to-use interfaces, and secure their assets without fear or headache.
We are looking for a Data Engineer / Wrangler who will join as one of the founding members of the engineering team helping to bring our vision to life. You will be entrusted and empowered with important decisions that will have a deep impact on the product in these early days. Our first data hire will be responsible for architecting and engineering systems that support real-time cryptocurrency trade and blockchain transaction ingestion and analysis.
Interchange is built as a distributed team, but we intend that wherever a team member's home base is, that it is between GMT -7 (Pacific Time) to GMT +1 (Central European Time) for greatest overlap potential.
Expected experience and ethos:
- 3-4 years minimum experience creating backend services and applications
- Experience working with large volumes of data at scale
- Blockchain experience is a huge plus, but not a must
- You’re a self-starter, someone for whom motivation comes easily
- You have a strong passion for craftsmanship
- You have confidence in your work, and when you’re unsure about things, aren’t afraid to ask for help
- You’re dedicated to seeing a project through all phases—whether it’s ideation, building the big picture, focusing on the finer points, or meticulously reviewing and testing for maintainability—you’re ready for it all.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills—no matter if you’re an extrovert or introvert, you know how to effectively articulate and argue your viewpoint.