Communications and Marketing Manager
Civic - San Francisco
14 days ago
Civic has built a visionary blockchain identity verification technology that allows consumers to authorize the use of their identities in real time. We are spearheading the development of an ecosystem that is designed to facilitate on-demand, secure, and low-cost access to identity verification services via the blockchain.
Civic’s mission is to provide every person on Earth with a digital identity that they can use to interact privately and securely with the world. We envision a world where people can decide who they want to share their personal information with and what information gets shared.
We have created a revolutionary platform to achieve this based on blockchain technology and have recently conducted one of the most well respected token sales in history! We sold $33m worth of tokens that will allow us to deliver a Marketplace for transaction of trusted identities. This Marketplace will change both the economics and user experience of how trusted identity is used forever, opening up new use cases for how we use identity.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join our team and shape the future of Civic as we begin a massive growth phase in the company.
We are looking for a driven and organized Communications and Marketing Manager to join our growing team and lead the charge in increasing the visibility of the Civic brand globally. Instrumental to our massive growth phase, you will be responsible for evolving and scaling our internal and external communications in alignment with our product development roadmap.
We need a forward-thinking self-starter to develop the overall communications plan in partnership with company leadership, and to manage the execution of diverse communications by working cross-functionally with leadership, business development, product developers, and visual designers. As the company moves along the product development roadmap, the communications role will encompass increased external marketing activity.
- Planning and execution of internal and external communications. Manage the creation of strategic digital communications including development of bi-monthly company newsletter, other internal and external email communications, and blog posts.
- Management of the active and engaged community of blockchain enthusiasts across all social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Reddit, and more.
- Partnership with and management of external PR agency. - Make recommendations for newsworthy PR activity (press releases, speaking opportunities, conference appearances, and other media opportunities) based on knowledge of Civic development roadmap, founder travel, and other activity.
- Oversight of company website, including site updates, additions, and campaign landing pages as needed.
- Management of third-party vendor and design contractor relationships.
- Recommendations for and development of marketing collateral including white papers, solution briefs, case studies, event collateral, and presentations, in partnership with the design team.
- Maintenance of communications calendar and dashboard.
- Analytics management and monitoring of website and marketing campaigns. Experience with HEAP Analytics and Campaign Monitor a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate the benefits of Civic’s cutting-edge, seemingly complex technology to our various markets.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a public relations role
- Successful track record at a high-growth, early-stage company
- Experience working with tech startups
- Self-starter, self-motivated, ownership-mindset – eager to dive in without waiting for direction and able to manage multiple projects without supervision
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making between product, business development, and marketing executing together
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment
- Experience in professional copywriting
- Familiarity with Webflow web design tool
- Familiarity with working with a CMS