Client Delivery Manager
Consensys - Dubai
3 months ago
ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
Client Delivery experts will project manage the technical delivery of large-scale client engagements from late in the pre-sales stage through successful implementation. While the Client Delivery Manager will not have direct client sales responsibility, Sales and Business Development may engage this individual late in the pre-sales process in order to assess the size, scale and complexity of the client project. Many of the engagements you will work on at ConsenSys are cutting edge deliveries that involve creating innovative applications, products, platforms or services that do not yet exist in the blockchain or Ethereum ecosystem. As such, you must be expert at facilitating the entire project and technical team in scoping the overall project “vision” and helping them break down the overall delivery into intelligent, discrete phases that follow a sensible release schedule. You will ensure the team follows the SDLC process set by the Project Management Office (PMO) -- we primarily employ Agile methodology for development. The Client Delivery manager will work with the client and overall technical delivery team to set the overall project schedule and budget, allocate resources, and produce project status reporting, including escalating project risks or potential timeline or budget overruns.
- Follow the firm’s software development lifecycle standards, processes, escalation procedures (red, yellow, green) using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Report and escalate to the project team, management or client as needed, including potential late deliveries or cost overruns
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Be capable of explaining project status and details, and framing and facilitating tough discussions with both the client and broader project team regarding alternatives and trade-offs if and when issues arise
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including data needed for potential audits or for client billing; Ensure all documents are stored in the correct place for proper project documentation
- Run weekly project status call for client, team, office or region to discuss any red status, or green/yellow projects trending yellow/red to see if risks can be mitigated
Technical Skills Required
- Excellent Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word or Google document presentation skills, including tables, Gantt charts, other charts, graphs, tables and general formatting for visual impact
- Excellent MS Excel and Google Sheets skills
Technical Bonus Skills
- Experience working with Blockchain technology, decentralized systems
- Experience performing QA
- Skilled at Google docs and drives, Slack, Quip and Zoom
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum, Kanban methodologies as well as automated test tools such as QTP/UFT, Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, etc.
- Experience in project managing both a) client-facing product releases, b) large, complex system implementation projects
- Must have excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate clearly, effectively and concisely on both a technical and business level in an organized, structured manner to a diverse, mostly remote team
- Must be a skilled negotiator, and have the ability to facilitate working sessions regarding the development of technical solutions or framing and working through alternatives and trade-offs if and when issues arise
- Excellent client relationship management skills and ability to work with large, cross-functional project team members at all levels
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related subject desired