Siemens - Princeton (NJ)
4 months ago
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
The Research in Digitalization and Automation (RDA), as part of Siemens Corporate Technology (CT), is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Our deep competence and expertise make us the preferred partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability so that Siemens may successfully bring innovations to market. Our scientists located around the world help create and retain a technological edge for Siemens in the focus area of automation, electrification and industrial digitalization.
Siemens CT is seeking a Blockchain Research Scientist to be part of our US System Integration Research Group of the IT Platforms Technology Field in Princeton, NJ. The focus will be on performing research on Blockchain technologies, integrating them into Siemens products and solutions in collaboration with the Siemens Business Units. This position reports to the Head, Research Group, System Integration US of the IT Platforms Technology Field.
This Technology Field consists of 8 Research Groups in 4 countries (US, Germany, China and India). We architect and build vertical IT platforms in the areas of Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing including Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality systems, cross-domain System of Systems, Blockchain, Smart Embedded Systems, and Social Computing and Collaboration Systems. These platforms are built to become the digital foundations for Siemens products and services created by the various Siemens Business Units.
The candidate will be responsible for identifying, validating, and integrating cutting edge technologies, specifically:
- Innovate Blockchain technologies and applications
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications, presentation of results at conferences and within Siemens
- Contribute as Researcher to Blockchain-related projects with Siemens Business Units or with Government Agencies
- Preparation of proposals for research projects
- Apply research results to real-world applications and presentation of results to non-technical audiences
- Working with Siemens Business Units to understand their problems and demands for Blockchain technologies
- Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- MS degree with 3+ years of industrial research experience is required. PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Proven track record of contributions to one of the following fields: game theory, distributed systems or applied cryptography
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following technologies: Ethereum/Solidity, Hyperledger/Fabric or other Blockchain technologies
- Experience in either Blockchain, Distributed Ledger, Cryptocurrencies, Smart Contracts, Digital Registries or - Decentralized Autonomous Organizations
- Deep knowledge of the mathematical foundations of Blockchain technology
- Practical programming experience
- Hands-on experience with either peer-to-peer technologies, distributed computing or cloud computing
- Willingness to work with business stakeholders and develop understanding of complex business models and industry practices
- Experience in either industry (e.g. manufacturing, electrical grid/utility), finance/banking, telecommunications, M2M/machine-to-machine communication or IoT preferred but not required
- Ability and motivation to learn and use new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in English required
- Ability to multitask and make lead contributions in several projects
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations.