Circle - New York/Boston
3 months ago
At Circle, we're shaking up the global economy by making money simple. With us, you can send money like a text — instant, secure and free — whether your friend is across the table or across the ocean. How exactly are we doing this? Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). Our mission is to connect every person in the world by exchanging value across borders, between currencies and among friends.
As an Android Developer at Circle, you'll have the ability to own entire features from concept to deployment. You’ll contribute ideas to improve our product and processes and provide feedback so we can continue to get better. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
Projects we are working on (and you may work on, too):
- Create a fun, interactive product with GIFs, emojis, and photos that you’re friends and family will love to use
- Pirate growth (AARRR) experiments such as curated GIFS, friend invites to improve activation, engagement and retention so customers come back for more
- Facebook authentication to speed up onboarding so our customers can more easily sign up and find their -
Facebook friends on Circle
- Fingerprint Lock to bodyguard your cash
- Contact Upload so you can see who else in your phone is using Circle find your friends on Circle
- Circle Bot that sends our customers timely notifications so they know where their money is
- More prominent FX rates throughout the app so our customers can send money in multiple currencies while also having context into how much their sending in their local one.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of software development experience including 1+ years of Android app development with RxJava
- Resourceful. You’re able to suss out the details and figure things out without a ton of direction
Love solving problems. You proactively listen to business concerns and turn them into product improvements
- Thorough. If you see a bug, you take the time to find out if there are similar uses that will cause the same problem and figure out why
- Published at least one app in the Play Store
- Strong desire to experiment and work with the latest mobile technologies
- Passion for writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Experience consuming RESTful JSON APIs